One of the reasons I created the English blog is for me the express myself freely. As the title suggests - The Other Side of Me - the blog is meant to show just that. I used to write my journal in English. Somehow, back then, I expressed myself better in English.
But as the years go by, I began to feel more comfortable expressing myself in Malay. And I have to admit that to a certain extent, I do feel guilty 'neglecting' my English blog. An inactive blog defeats the purpose of its existence.
I hope that someday, I would be able to produce a novel or perhaps my own autobiography in English. I do envy those who can express themselves easily in English. The ability of doing so is somehow leaving me slowly.
Many who visited here (thank you for doing so) have been so encouraging. Yes, I do want to update this site as frequent as I possibly can. But the obstacles are countless.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dear Nisah,
You do express yourself well in both languages. But , I believe the reason you have been 'neglecting' it is because there are more responses to your Malay blog than your English ones. Maybe there are other reasons but that's how I feel about my two blogs. I used a lot of English, obviously,during my lectures and communication with others but since I've got more responses in Malay blog, I tend to update the Malay blog more frequently than my English blog. What do you think?
Obstacles can be jumped over, Nisah. I'm sure you can feel more confident of your english with enough practice. I'm having the same problem with my Malay. It's very rusty now... I shall try to improve it by writing in Malay more often.
Puan Nisah,
Malay blog is for the Malaysian readers. And English blog is for outsiders (who cannot understand Malay). It is very natural and it use to be like that.
Through experience, when I post a few poems in English (or Book Revisited), comments are coming in from outside Malaysia US,UK,Oman,Canada) This is the time, we can exchange views and comments on certain issues or on writing itself. I guess, this is good.
I have a strong stand on this. I don't think my "Malay" is getting paler by doing this. Instead I'm getting more friends to talk to.
Tahniah atas segala kejayaan Puan.
Post a Comment